Thursday, March 31, 2005

Learning Curve

Every time I do something kinda dumb I'm reminded about how great it is to work in a library. Case in point... I ordered a CD listening station, where we'll pre-load a couple of discs for patrons' grooving enjoyment. (We need a little more grooving in libraries.) But alas I forgot that the thing would actually need a power source. It won't run on my good wishes and fairy dust. So now I'm scrambling to figure out how to get an outlet installed and dreading asking for more dough to get it done.

The point is, it's good to work in a library because everyday I'm reminded that we're all on a life-long learning curve. Each time a patron approaches the desk and asks a question, I'm reminded that we don't know it all, and we never will. Granted, mine was an oversight, but I probably won't make the same mistake again. That's what's great about working in a library - we keep learning, along with our patrons, and there's no end to the capacity of what's out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home